SmartGuide for your PDA
The following steps are necessary in order for you to be able to install the digital hiking escort (SmartGuide) on your PDA. For detailed information please see the Installation and Operator Manual.
- Install NET Compact Framework 2.0 on your PDA
- Download zipped “SmartGuide” from the web site and copy the unpacked file structure (copying can take a long time due to the high number of map segments)
- Download the desired routes from the web site as tar.gz archive
- Save unpacked route file in the subdirectory “Data/XMLImportModule”
- mediator.exe is the exporting file
Settings for internal and external position receivers:
- It is important to have the right COM port and baud rate to the position receiver
- These settings must be entered manually in the property file (subdirectory “Property”) of the position module. (manual)
- PDA or Smartphone with Windows Mobile 5 system software
- ARM4 Processor with more than 350 MHz, RAM >= 64 MB
- Resolution >= 320x240 pixel
- Internal or external GPS receiver (GPS reciever with SiRF III chipset)
- Memory card with a minimum of 256 MB
- Due to varying system requirements it cannot be guaranteed that it will function on all PDAs. PDAs that have been tested: different HP iPAQ and Fujitsu Pocket LOOX.
MontaPhone for your Mobile Telephone
Install the Montaphone application on your computer and then send it to your mobile telephone via bluetooth. Your mobile telephone will give you prompts as to where you should save the application. The functionality of the MontaPhone cannot be guaranteed on all mobile telephones due to specific device settings.
If your mobile telephone has an internal GPS receiver use MontaPhone.jar. If you are using an external Bluetooth GPS receiver, use MontaPhoneBT.jar. Some mobile telephones also need the .jad file. The tourism offices in Schruns, Silbertal and Gaschurn have GPS receivers available for use.